We currently welcome students from outside our Kaikōura Suburban School Zone to enrol and join our ‘Fyffe Force learners’! We are a small rural school with an excellent student to teacher ratio, and have a well established student inquiry based programme – L4L (“Learning for Life”). Please make contact with our school office during school hours for further information /process of out of zone applications. email@example.com Ph (03) 3195064
Our School Vision….
Our VALUES which originate from our vision and the New Zealand Curriculum Key Competencies (Managing Self, Relating to Others, Participating and Contributing, Thinking and Using Language, Symbols and Text) are as follows:
Learning for Life, L4L (Inquiry learning).
What we offer your child…
- We believe it is our core responsibility to encourage students to achieve to their highest potential – academically and socially.
- As well as offering a strong literacy and numeracy programme we focus on Te Reo Maori, Health & Physical Activity, Social Sciences, Science, the Arts, Dance & Drama and environmental education.
- We encourage creativity, curiosity and diversity across the curriculum.
- We have a strong outdoor education curriculum – sports coaching, school camps and outings.
- 1:3 ratio of Apple Mac computers to learner, high speed wireless internet network. We encourage and support children to use their own device.
- A school van to make access to the community a whole lot easier.
- We have a zero tolerance to bullying. It is every child’s right to learn in a safe environment.
- We have a strong partnership with the community.
- An enthusiastic and dedicated Home & School committee.
Unique features of Kaikōura Suburban School
How we show you our learning
How to get to school
Absences Must Be Justified
An absence explained by a parent is not necessarily a justified absence. Parents do not have the right to excuse their child from school, without just cause. For example – last day of school, sports day at school, meeting someone at the airport, dirty uniform, caring for sick family member, birthday etc. A child should only be absent from school for the following reasons – sickness, family bereavement and family emergency.
Parent groups within the school
Kaikōura Suburban School bank details
Associated school costs
Student donations are paid annually, these currently being, 1 child $50, 2 children $90, 3 children or more $120. Student donations are reviewed each year.
During the year there maybe associated costs with events and activities your child/ren participate in which we endeavour to keep as low as possible for our whanau/families. These costs will be provided with details of the event/activity through newsletters throughout the year.
Each Monday morning in school term, starting at 9am and lasting generally 20-30 minutes. Check Event Calendar for additional special assemblies.
Common questions and answers about Suburban School
Please feel free to come and visit us at any time, about any issue.